Thursday, August 28, 2008

Delayed due to internet service interruptions and computer glitch

3rd posting

Hi, it has been quite a while since I have posted. I was having problem posting. I couldn't manage to go into the blogspot to create new postings due to some sudden problem with my internet service. As if that is not enough, my computer malfunctioned. It took quite a while for it to get fixed and the internet service to resume. Due to this, my blog entries and other assignments of mine could not be managed on the expected time schedule. Guess my bad luck but I am glad it was over. I hope Dr. Edwin will sympathize with what I had to go through. Anyway, I will not be able to cope with the time frame given to complete 20 postings weekly. Due to the unforeseen circumstances, I have decided to finish my postings much earlier by entering maybe 2 postings everyday. If I am to publish 20 postings weekly from the day I got my computer from the repair shop, then I will not be able to finish on time, indefinitely. I hope Dr. Edwin will have a heart.

I have read Dr. Edwin's module and I would like to say that I kind of enjoyed the stories printed in it. There are some optional ones that I find difficult to fathom such as 'son of the turtle spirit' and also some of the poems in it. I never thought that this title would actually come out for my mid term exam. But then, I have managed to answer whatever questions posed. I must say that the module was a good read overall. I will explain about the contents that I have read in the module in my future postings.

I have finally finished my position paper and research paper. I have done my research paper on Kate Chopin's 'The Storm'. I find this story to be quite interesting as it deals with issues that have no definite answer as to why exactly things happen the way they did. Issues to do with unbelievable life circumstances always catches my attention. I will discuss about my research paper 'The Storm' first in my next few postings and followed by William Faulkner's 'A Rose for Emily' and the contents of Dr. Edwin's module after that.

My thesis statement on ' Rose for Emily' is "Unwilling to change with times due to her stubbornness and pride that led to the acceleration of her moral decadence and Mental Decline" and the five points of arguments are 1)Point 1- Tax Collection (2)Point 2 – The Visit To The Drug Store That Shows Her Stubbornness (3)Point 3- Emily’s House (4)Point 4- Emily’s Mental Decline and (5)Point 5- Emily’s Decadence in Morality. I am repeating this to just refresh whoever that will read my blogs later because of the rather wide gap between my last 2 postings and my 3rd posting.

I will let you know what more I can tell you about my research paper and also my position paper in my next posting. Till then take care.

No comments: